Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had a grievance interview at my ex employer. They had

I had a grievance interview at my ex employer. They had audio recorded the interview. I emailed to ask them if they can delete the interview as they have minutes of the interview. What is my right to so this? Is this part of GDPR ? They are not being understanding about it
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have left the employer
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I no longer work for them. I contact somewhere else. No to the union
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Did you know in advance the meeting was being recorded?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They said it would be deleted once I confirm the minutes is correct

Thank you. Yes this would be dealt with under the GDPR, specifically Article 17:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

This deals with the right to erasure. Specifically the following will apply to you:

“The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:

the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed”

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have not confirmed if the minutes are correct. As they have already done the outcome and I didnt have the audio to compare it too. Am I still entitled to ask then to delete it?

They could argue that you have not yet completed the task for which the recording was made so until that is done they can retain it in the event there is a dispute over the contents of the minutes. Does this clarify things a bit more for you?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
how can I get them to delete it then. Could I say the outcome of the investigation is already completed?

Why are you not wiling to confirm the minutes’ accuracy?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I do not have the audio to compare it against. Also the outcome of the investigation is already done without this confirmation.

Ok then you can ask them to delete it as the case is closed so there is no further need for these recordings to be kept by them. Does this clarify things a bit more for you?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
perfect thank u

All the best