How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1151
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Im asking on behalf of my daughter who had a child with her

Customer Question

im asking on behalf of my daughter who had a child with her 1st husband. she lived with him and her older sister for a few years. he stopped her having any normal life and she was taken out of school for "home tutoring" in fact both girls were virtual prisoners in the home, no holidays were taken. i didnt see the girls for 2 years until the eldest got in touch at the begining of the year when she ran away as she couldnt put up with the rows and abuse. he is not her father. i had a phone call in August on my honeymoon to say that the other girl had run away and was now living with my daughter. both these girls were treated like skivvies and there was a high level of abuse and violence on both girls.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: i received a text from my daughter to say that the father had contacted the school and wants to make an appointment to go and see them. this person is 65, very old fashion views no internet etc and is a total control freak, but knows how to play the system. just to say that they used to com to see me every weekend up until january 2017 when he decided to take control again and i didnt see them until this year. i no idea of the abuse. my daughter is 8 months pregnant and i am trying to do anything i can to support her. Social services are involved and said that papers would be with her soon but she hasnt received anything.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: west sussex
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so, but i have guests at he moment so can i come back to you in a couple of hours kind regards
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear whats happening re your daughter and grand children. Kindly explain though what it is that you would like to ask in relation to the scenario described?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
whether we can get some form of restraining order. i am concerned that he he may turn up at the school (he's done this before) and take her against her will. he is well known at her previous school for making a scene in an aggressive way. am i able to file this or does it have to be her mother.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

If your daughter or the children are feeling threatened by his behaviour then she ( ie your daughter) may be able to apply for what is called a non molestation order. This order would protect her or the children from being harmed or threatened by him.

Please see below link with the forms that may be completed to apply for the order. She would print and submit to her local county court.

I do hope I have clarified things for you.

Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to rate the services received.

Best wishes