Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Being a Litigant in Person am i LEGALLY bound by the rules /

Customer Question

Being a Litigant in Person am i LEGALLY bound by the rules / court to correspond with the the lawyers appointed by the person to whom I named and served in my County Court action ...... or can I continue to corresponding with the person ..??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I wish to know what is legally required of me ...
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK. ... I am a business consultant of some 45 years experience and more than capable of dealing with this matter .. I DO NOT wish to correspond with their lawyers
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Prepared / Served the pre action protocol .... prepare and serves ther Court Questionnaire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO,..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 days ago.

No, you must go through their Solicitors.

They have instructed Solicitors. They are nominated for service etc.

Therefore you must correspond there.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you ... Can you please direct me the the relevant rule / section within County Court rules that support your decision ...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 days ago.

Comes under Part 42. A party for whom a Solicitor is acting.

If they act for them then you should be going through them

They act as an agent.

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.