Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I agree for our dog to have an operation with easipet care

Customer Question

I agree for our dog to have an operation with easipet care based in twyford/berks. costed advise 2 to £3,000.. We stated that we could not pay all this in one go.. but agreed payment plan of £1,000 per month... this is the Question? At anytime did we receive a formal written costing either by 'e' mail or text message.... NOTHING EVER AGREE FORMALLY.. only region of say £2-3k... We have pai some £2,255.14 to date.. and albeit the actual operation not that sucessfull. we are still being asked for another £900!!!! WE DO NOT WAN TO PAY ANOTHER PENNY.. AND AS WE HAVE NOT SIGNED OR CONFIRMED THIS OP IN WRITING.. OR HAVE WE SIGNED, OR RECEIVED ANYTHING FORMALLLY ( CAN WE IGNORE THEIR CL,AIM?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: MAIDENHEAD BERKSHIRE.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: NONE AS YET?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: CAN WE WALK AWAY FROM THIS ( ONLY A VERBAL DISCUSSION TOOK PLACE BETWEEN VETS AND MYSELF?)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please? Please note I am mobile at present so may not be able to reply immediately, thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WE DONT THINK WE SHOULD PAY ANYMORE MONIES?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. My main concern is that you say you agreed for it to have the operation and you were also given an estimate, which has more or less been met (even if at the higher end). You may not have signed anything in writing to agree to them proceeding but your consent was clear as you had already agreed and you did not prevent them from proceeding with the operation when you knew it was going ahead. Am I understand this correctly?