Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My brother passed away last year he has two children and a

Customer Question

My brother passed away last year he has two children and a wife that was not the children’s mum the children are now living with my sister but are still feeling there is something missing as they have no dad and no ashes as his wife can only collect them do the children have any rights
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hampshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None not sure where to start
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: His wife has remarried and has been with her new partner since just before my brother passed away
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, you mentioned his wife has since remarried was this after your brother passed on so they were not divorced at the time of his death and she was legally his wife?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
he passed last October and she remarried this July they were still married
Thank you for your message, so the law states that the party named as executor in the will has responsibility for arranging the funeral/crematorium and they take possession of the body. Therefore, the party who was executor controls what happens to the ashes. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.