Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have been called into a meeting at work and they have told

I have been called into a meeting at work and they have told me i can not bring anyone with me
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My Manager told me
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Im an employee but im not in a union yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need some advice because I could lose my job

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What type of a meeting is it?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Im not sure its with my Manager and hr

ok but is it a disciplinary?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They have not called it a disciplinary but i have an opinions meeting
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Have they said what the possible outcome of the meeting is? Also how long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They said 2 options 1 i go on a personal performance plan to be reviewed after 1 month if i meet the target i come off the plan or 2 they pay me too leave i have worked there for nearly 20yrs

Ok and finally what do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can i take someone with me too this meeting and could i lose my job

Whether you can take someone is dependent on the nature of the meeting. If you could potentially lose your job at the meeting then you have the legal right to take a union representative or a colleague with you. They should have told you in advance whether the meeting can result in termination but to be honest it is highly unlikely that they can dismiss you just like that, on the spot, for performance issues alone, especially as you have 20 years service. If they do decide to dismiss you, which they can do if they really wanted to, then you will likely have a potential case for unfair dismissal which you can challenge in the Employment Tribunal.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They gave ne some documents to read but it said abou termination after 3 stages if i still did not improve but the second option was to pay me too leave so i don't know what option they will offer me
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Im sorry I forgot to mention i am a tier 3 team lead at Amazon and they are saying that i am not performing up to standards of a tier 3 lead

It is unlikely they will just proceed with dismissal at this meeting – the likelihood is that if you refuse their offer to pay you off, they will just start a formal performance management process. Does this clarify things a bit more for you?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you

All the best