How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6673
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am married. Got a lik girl. 2.5yrs. Got problem in

Customer Question

I am married. Got a lik girl. 2.5yrs. Got problem in marriage. In the edge of seperation. My child and husband both have got british citizenship. And I have Indian. When we are seperating will I lose her? Will I be sent back to india. I havent got permanent residence. Just visa for one more year
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in uk. Indian citizenship
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I havent filed nothing with the uk government. I dont even know where to go, how
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.


You may go to mediation regarding your child's custody.

As a mother, you automatically have parental responsibility over the child.

You may apply for leave to remain on the basis of being a parent of a British Citizen child as your visa on the basis of being a partner may be revoked if your relationship is over.

See here:

For child welfare issues, you may contact this charity:

All the best. Please click on 5 stars