UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have written to my solicitors to complain about their

Customer Question

Hi, i have written to my solicitors to complain about their services. I received an acknowledgement letter back within 48 hours stating they will come back to me In up to 8 weeks with their findings but it has now been 12 weeks and I haven't heard anything. Should I now instruct a solicitor to peruse a claim for negligence?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the UK. The reason for the claim for negligence is because I lost a case but found out in 2019 that the other side wanted to settle out of court in 2017 but my solicitors never put forward the without prejudice offer of £9000 and I'm an now nearly down £80000
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written to them and allowed 8 weeks. Then wrote to them again on the 9th week requesting their answer within 7 days but nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The other side's solicitors are still suing me for £45000 for their costs when I could have settled for £9000 in 2017
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

Yes, you may do that e.g. https://cohencramer.co.uk/disputes/professional-negligence/

All the best. Please click on 5 stars