How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 63343
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Just a quick question i did some hgv training for a company

This answer was rated:

just a quick question i did some hgv training for a company called new wave and they refused to pay me the hours i was doing for them this was 4 months ago i have outstanding invoices that not paid around 7k and they are still refusing to pay me as they are trying to tell me that they are looking into money i have lost them for leaving them i think i have waited enough now and need to know the best way to go as when i email him he is saying he will use it as harasment can you help
JA: Was harassment at work discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: i have just emailed him for my monies and saying that i will lose money if i email him due to a court of law for harrasment thats it
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: he has a couple of employees i was a contractor though
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want my monies lol

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how i can get my monies from this company
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i would but i am working at the moment just after a answer so i can go forward with this i can cal tomorrow
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that ok ben

Thank you. If a party wishes to pursue another for a debt arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the debt in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much Ben yes I will take your advice thank you again

All the best

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you