12826847

Our car broke down in Winchester and we were towed back to

Customer Question

Our car broke down in Winchester and we were towed back to the caravan site where we were staying by Green Flag. We then arranged for our car and caravan to be towed back to our home address but, unfortunately, the driver tried to reverse down the lane to our back garden when he jacknifed into the front of our caravan and also scraped the back of the caravan on our neighbour's wall knocking three coping stones off his wall, I said to him that it would be better to use our remote control to move the caravan but he said he could manage. We are having trouble with the insurance people who say it is a write-off and want us to send various documents to them such as details of all our service records of our caravan. The caravan is insured for £8,500 t the repairs come to about 5,000 and they say that it is not worth
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: yes but repairs are too expensive according to insurers for break down company
JA: Where is the caravan located?
Customer: at our home
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they have hinted that a some of money for us and we could keep the van. no actual figure has been mentioned to get repaired ourselves
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 12 days ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I am a qualified solicitor happy to assist you today.

Please note this is not a chat service, so there may be delays in responding.

I am just reviewing your question and will provide a response shortly

Please confirm what your question is? what would you like to know?