Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I had a visit from Bailiffs. The outstanding amount shown on

Customer Question

I had a visit from Bailiffs. The outstanding amount shown on the Notice of Enforcement was approx. £6k. However, they intimidated me into paying an extra £2300 on top. I was told that these were various fees. Also, prior to their visit, a day earlier, I contacted their company as soon as I received the notice and proposed a payment plan. The customer services agent advised that my request will be looked into and I have until 14th of this month to resolve/settle the debt. However, despite this, the bailiffs turned up and caused a great deal of distressed and charged excessive fees on top of the debt. Can you please advise if I can complain against them in light of the aforementioned facts.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not taken any steps yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I will review your question and return to you.

Please note this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Given the circumstances described you can complain about the baliffs behaviour because it appears they did not give you the time period as agreed the day before the visit and also looks like they used aggressive behaviour during the visit.

Please can you confirm the name of the creditor and then I can give details of who to contact