How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 851
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I had a visit from Bailiffs. The outstanding amount shown on

Customer Question

I had a visit from Bailiffs. The outstanding amount shown on the Notice of Enforcement was approx. £6k. However, they intimidated me into paying an extra £2300 on top. I was told that these were various fees. Also, prior to their visit, a day earlier, I contacted their company as soon as I received the notice and proposed a payment plan. The customer services agent advised that my request will be looked into and I have until 14th of this month to resolve/settle the debt. However, despite this, the bailiffs turned up and caused a great deal of distressed and charged excessive fees on top of the debt. Can you please advise if I can complain against them in light of the aforementioned facts.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not taken any steps yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 4 months ago.


Welcome to JA.

I will review your question and return to you.

Please note this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 4 months ago.

Given the circumstances described you can complain about the baliffs behaviour because it appears they did not give you the time period as agreed the day before the visit and also looks like they used aggressive behaviour during the visit.

Please can you confirm the name of the creditor and then I can give details of who to contact