12826847

I have a total debt of around £45000 (15k Credit card, 30k

Customer Question

Hi, I have a total debt of around £45000 (15k Credit card, 30k Personal Loan) + £500k Mortgage. Have never missed a payment and have 'Good' credit rating on experian. I have other adverse history. Will the above financial situation impact my SC clearance?
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Need advice
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I meant to say I have 'NO' other adverse history
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I have a total debt of around £45000 (15k Credit card, 30k Personal Loan) + £500k Mortgage. Have never missed a payment and have 'Good' credit rating on experian. I have NO other adverse history. Will the above financial situation impact my SC clearance? I live in UK for past 12 years.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Jo
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I have a total debt of around £45000 (15k Credit card, 30k Personal Loan) + £500k Mortgage. Have never missed a payment and have 'Fair' credit rating on experian. I have NO other adverse history. Will the above financial situation impact my SC clearance? I live in UK for past 12 years.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Eagerly waiting for response,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

sorry for the delay. This dropped off my question list.

SV Clearing considers everything. It is an issue of the level of risk that you present. Therefore your debts are considered but if you are maintaining them and managing them well then you will score much better than if you were not.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks. I am managing them well. Have you come across any SC clearance rejected ,even though the person has managed debts well without any default/late payment history.? I am just curious if the amount 45k is huge to be worried.. in spite of managing it well.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Oh yes, sometimes. Everybody is a risk to some degree. Debt renders you vulnerable. Though if it is serviced well then that reduces your risk.

I don't think 45 k is the biggest amount.