How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7774
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I have found out recently that I have been scammed buy a

This answer was rated:

Hello and good morning,I have found out recently that I have been scammed buy a unlicensed stock broker have been really stupid the company name is***** ,over 2months I had invested nearly £7000 buy credit card I rang the bank to report fraud but because I'd ourtherrised all the transactions the told my that I'm responsible,have just received letters from the bank confirming this so I'm panicking and upset because told them I ourtherrised the transactions and they new this they told me it's a scam but I think I'm going to speak to them because I've been MIS-SOLD so my question to you is buy paying with a credit card I think this law on mis- selling covers this I honestly can say that I have been MIS-SOLD please take a look at the MIS-SOLD law I look forward to your reply, Regards ***** ***** Karl Otto Nielsen

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Are you asking if this should be covered by s.75 protection?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Jenny I'm not sure because I do not know what a 75 protection is to be honest but if I speak to the bank and tell them that I've been Mis-Sold Wich I do believe will I be able to use the Mis-Sold law Karl

I will respond in full shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Jenny to be honest this scam has really made me I'll and so upset , would you please respond ASAP because I need to speak to the bank and would like to sort this problem out because as I said earlier it's affecting my health it all depends on what you say and think and advise.Kind regards ***** ***** Nielsen.

Hi this should be covered by s. 75 of the Consumer Credit Act so you need to contact the credit provider as they are jointly and severally liable for the loss.

In the event that they refuse to pay out then you will need to complain and lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman. Here is a useful summary of the right.

Do you have any further questions about this please?

Hello do you have any further questions about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your Answers to my question was to clarify what I have heard so because of your confirmation have spoken to my bank with all this new information and now will see what happens.Regards Karl Otto Nielsen.

No problem Karl, all the best.

Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you