12826847

A fine was imposed against a company of which I was a

Customer Question

A fine was imposed against a company of which I was a director previously. I ceased to be a directed in April and the fine was given to the company in July in relation to a matter which occurred whilst I was still director. If I don’t pay the fine, what implications will this have on me personally.
Assistant: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
Assistant: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

What was the fine for? And I presume it was levied whilst the company remained active?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The fine was for failing to prevent persons from smoking in a smoke-free place, contrary to section 8(4) of the health act 2006
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the company was and still is active when the fine was levied
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** needs to be dealt with by someone experienced in those fines (magistrates penalties, etc). Sorry - I am a civil lawyer and have no experience in magistrates fines, so will opt out to let another expert answer this for you. Please do not reply as the question will stay with me and there will be a delay for a new expert to assist.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Just to be clear - your conduct has not been sanctioned or questioned in anyway? Also the fine is only in the name of the company - you are not named on it at all? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was found guilty in my absence and a fine was imposed.There were two fines, one in my name personally and one to the company.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The fine against me was paid.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The company’s name is “The Hut W3 Limited”But the business trading name is “The Hut”The summons only notes “The Hut”
Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 days ago.

Thank you. Are you concerned about not being able to accept another directorship? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 days ago.

Thank you. Have you been served with a Directors Disqualification Order? Or Made any representations to the Secretary of State that you will not act as a director? Kind regards AJ