Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

We book two flites through a on line booking agent, on

Hi we book two flites through a on line booking agent, on checking the details the second booking name had been alto filled by Google to to the same name as the first booking, we contacted the booking agent and told us to talk the airline as they can't do the name change. Then phoned and emailed the airline they say it up to the agent to change, please advice I am at my wits end
Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Hi we are uk flights are to bali, as yet we haven't spoken anyone
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have just spoken to agent and airway
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge this advice
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Just need too know who's responsibility it is

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

When did you book the flights?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We booked the flights on 20/8/19 and contacted the agent the next day

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please cancel phone call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you have an answer too my question please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi I have check phone records and we spoke to booking agent and airway two week after ticket were purchased

Many thanks for your patience. The issue you face here is that there is no automatic legal right to change a name on a booking without a penalty and in the worst cases, you will have to make a brand new booking. This is the policy of numerous airlines and it is certainly possible for it to happen.

The first thing you need to do is check the actual airline’s policy to see if they allow name changes and if so – on what terms. It could be that you have to pay a fee to make the changes, or that you have to pay the difference in the price of the ticket based on how much it is now, compared to when you booked it originally.

If name changes are allowed, then you need to go back to the agent and advise them formally that you want to make the name change. If they ignore you then you have to write to them one more time and state that they have to make the change within a set deadline, or you will have no option but to make a new booking and then pursue them for these extra costs through the courts.

At the same time, it would be worth to still try and speak to the airline directly and push them to allow you to change it directly with them, rather than with the agent.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes thanks, but not really helpful as still in the same position as before, happy to pay either side to change name but neither side will do the change

You have to pursue the agent as mentioned in my third paragraph earlier: