How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35861
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a disgruntled employee who made a malicious

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a disgruntled employee who made a malicious accusations on me the manager - first that I assaulted her and she reported it to police but could not proof the false allegation - the case was closed.
JA: Have you discussed the accusation with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Now I received another malicious threat that she has confined in her union rep that I employ illegal immigrants and I received the information from the union rep that we should be careful because as this matter has been brought to her attention she may have to inform the home office herself. The employee in question was the one responsible for recruiting the staff herself and she was due a poor work and poor performance supervisory meeting that her employment was going to be terminated and she went off on a long term sickness. Now after 6 months she is unable to produce new sick note she has come up with this malicious allegation and using the union represent to do it on her behalf. What can we tell the union represent
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: Yes I have discussed the accusation with the HR as well as a lawyer basically her assault allegation was dropped when I approached the police and also filed allegation of her and her uncle threatening hurt me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I respond to the Union represent regarding this malicious accusation
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

So how long has she worked for the business?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not very happy I thought I was getting the advise immediately not waiting
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Just a quick clarification on phone calls – the pop-up offering you the chance to request one is automatic and I have no control over it. Therefore, if you request a call back there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else, would be available to fulfill it. At present, due to outside commitments, I cannot take calls but your request is open and visible to all other experts. If someone is available, they will accept it and call you, but if no one is free, then it will remain open until it is accepted or you decide to cancel it. In the meantime, you have already paid for a written response and that is the part I will continue helping you with.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok let me wait for your written response - I didn’t realise it was slow not as advertised that you your answer immediately
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Do you actually wish to proceed, please - I am unsure if you do following the above comments?