12826847

I have a disgruntled employee who made a malicious

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a disgruntled employee who made a malicious accusations on me the manager - first that I assaulted her and she reported it to police but could not proof the false allegation - the case was closed.
JA: Have you discussed the accusation with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Now I received another malicious threat that she has confined in her union rep that I employ illegal immigrants and I received the information from the union rep that we should be careful because as this matter has been brought to her attention she may have to inform the home office herself. The employee in question was the one responsible for recruiting the staff herself and she was due a poor work and poor performance supervisory meeting that her employment was going to be terminated and she went off on a long term sickness. Now after 6 months she is unable to produce new sick note she has come up with this malicious allegation and using the union represent to do it on her behalf. What can we tell the union represent
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: Yes I have discussed the accusation with the HR as well as a lawyer basically her assault allegation was dropped when I approached the police and also filed allegation of her and her uncle threatening hurt me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I respond to the Union represent regarding this malicious accusation
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

So how long has she worked for the business?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
4yrs
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Not very happy I thought I was getting the advise immediately not waiting
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Just a quick clarification on phone calls – the pop-up offering you the chance to request one is automatic and I have no control over it. Therefore, if you request a call back there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else, would be available to fulfill it. At present, due to outside commitments, I cannot take calls but your request is open and visible to all other experts. If someone is available, they will accept it and call you, but if no one is free, then it will remain open until it is accepted or you decide to cancel it. In the meantime, you have already paid for a written response and that is the part I will continue helping you with.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok let me wait for your written response - I didn’t realise it was slow not as advertised that you your answer immediately
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Do you actually wish to proceed, please - I am unsure if you do following the above comments?