How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6643
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a 3 years visa ends on feb 2020 and my daughter in

Customer Question

i have a 3 years visa ends on feb 2020 and my daughter in the middle of her GCSE
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I havent taken any steps
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: my visa was overseas business
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not yet
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.


What is your nationality and what would you like to ask please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am an Egyptian ,I arrived to uk on may 2017, my visa is an overseas business, and after i arrived to the UK the mother company in Egypt had split. and according to that there is no transaction on the rep, office that I applied to the UK companies house
my daughters are at year 8 and year 11 now my elder daughter had passed half of subjects exam of the GCSE on last jun.. and rest of the exam will be next year that ends on july 2020.
What would I do to avoid harming her future by returning back to Egypt and then she will lose 2 years from and start
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

What do you currently do in the UK?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At the moment I live on my savings in Egypt and my wife is a shareholder or a partner with a British person in a small restaurant
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there any reply?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

You may extend your visa for a further period of 2 years if the following conditions are satisfied:

  • you’re still working for the same employer as when you were issued your previous visa
  • you’re still working to establish the company’s first presence in the UK
  • your employer’s principal place of business is still outside the UK

If you do not meet the above conditions, I am afraid you cannot have your visa extended.

Please click on 5 stars