12826847

I have been receiving letters from a debt collector re a

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi I have been receiving letters from a debt collector re a phone bill for a person that has never lived at my address or related to me
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I have phoned them on several times explaining this and asking them to check the electorial register. I have lived at my address for 31 years. In the end I just kep putting all the unopened letters in the post RTS.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Un be knowing to me a ccs was sent which again I did not open and wrote RTS. A CCJ then arrived phoned the courts and explained they asked me to put it in writing which I did. I have had a further message left on my phone to ring them. I have just phoned the courts who have just said they would of forwarded my letter onto them. What can I do more I don't want baillifs at my door
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't owe this money

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I haven receiving letters at my address for a phone bill the person on the letter has never lived at my address I kept telling them however continued to harass in the end I just returned all unopened letters its un be knowing to me one was a CCS I then received a cc not in my name I contacted the courts who asked me to put it in writing I did they are again leaving messages on my phone I am worried bailiff will come
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can you please e-mail me advising whatI can do?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am at work

Does he have a CCJ against you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no it is against the lady who took out the phone at my address not hers

Using your name?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what do I need to do please e-mail me the answer can the bailliffs call

I need the information I asked for.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no the person who owes the money is on the CCJ my problem is it is registered to my address and she does not or has never lived hereb
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can I please have a response

Thanks for the information

If the CCJ is not in your name then none of this has anything to do with you. They can't take any action against you so it is nothing to worry about.

Since they can't be writing to you, this is not harassment.

They can't act against you whatever claims they have against her.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.