12826847

I work and live in a bed and breakfast. I have no contact. I

Customer Question

Good Afternoon. I work and live in a bed and breakfast. I have no contact. I get paid for 5 hours a day. Can my employer refuse me to work extra hours at a different place once a week. I would like to know my rights
Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No I dont have a HR Manager and no I have not been to a lawyer
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee a housekeeper, caretaker. I dont belong to a union
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

What reason has your employer provided for not allowing you to do any additional work and also, how long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think they want me here 24 hours a day. They dont live in the bed and breakfast. So if anybody needs to check in I am here to assist them. I now would like to earn a bit of extra money for my family in SA as I only get paid 200 pounds a week. I have been working here for 3 years. I have an Ancestral Visa with work permit
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He is unable to call me so please refund the 44 pounds thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Just a quick clarification on phone calls – the pop-up offering you the chance to request one is automatic and I have no control over it. Therefore, if you request a call back there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else, would be available to fulfill it. At present, due to outside commitments, I cannot take calls but your request is open and visible to all other experts. If someone is available, they will accept it and call you, but if no one is free, then it will remain open until it is accepted or you decide to cancel it. In the meantime, you have already paid for a written response and that is the part I will continue helping you with.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Ben have you replied to my message