JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have tried to get the order party to agree to a consent

I have tried to get the order party to agree to a consent order but they have written to me and the courts that they are neither going to consent or object my application but everyone bears their cost and also will not be attending the hearing
So right now the only option is the hearing date which is 6 months away and am afraid my job will not last that long
I do not know what to do and if am to engage a solicitor the costing seeing I have already spend so much to court already can you advice

Hi there, if you speak to the listing section at the court and ask if your can request an urgent hearing (due to the job consequences). They may want you to put this in writing who will pass the letter to a judge to consider - it is possible another case would settle which means the hearing would take place before 6 months.

If you ring the court (ask for the listing section) and let me know what they say.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you but in the case were the claimant has said they will not be attending can the judge then decide before the hearing date as they have mentioned they neither consent or object to the claim

It's up to them to attend the hearing - if they do not then they cannot object to it.

Hi, is there anything else I can help with here?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you I have written to court as advised to request an urgent hearing waiting on responds in the case that I do not hear back might have to reapply again using N244 but this time select no hearing as although I selected hearing by phone it was given a hearing date
Thank you for your counsel

OK, no problem.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,

Jim