Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

What are my rights with regards to the following. If I have

Customer Question

What are my rights with regards ***** ***** following.
If I have buy to let properties in my name and my husband's name can he sell them with out knowing? And also if I have properties in my name only can he sell them without me knowing?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 days ago.

1. Firstly, if there are buy to let properties in both you and your husband's name, then he cannot sell them without your agreement, nor can he sell them without you knowing. Essentially, you cannot have your property sold without being told about it. Secondly, your husband can never sell properties in your sole name. Only you can sell a property which is in your name. Essentially, your husband cannot sell what isn't his. This includes any property which is in your name only. Be aware that no solicitor would do the conveyancing for any person who was not the true owner of property.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 days ago.

2. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.