SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Assistant: How can I help? I can’t open a Uk bank society

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I can’t open a Uk bank society account
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newcastle
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had a nationwide account I applied for a student account so they gave me a basic one I sent money from an online account which I use about a sum of 1500 pounds from student finance into my nationwide
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so they thought it was money laundering I proved it wasn’t so they closed the account but gave me the money back
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can’t open a Uk bank society account

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Is your concern that since they closed your account you cant open another account with them or you are not able to open with other banks?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am not able to open with other banks even a basic account they constantly keep shutting it down due to my credit file and low credit rating
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have taken steps to have a credit builder

If your credit rating has been affected by the bank’s decision to use your account and you provided evidence of source of your money you should submit a formal complaint for them to remove any record on your credit file failing which you are within your rights to escalate your complaint to the financial Ombudsman service. I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What’s the name of the formal complaint

The complaint to the bank? It's a complaint that you can refer to by date when it was made and which the bank has an obligation to respond to within 56 days, there is no special name for it. So you could put it in writing or you could call the bank and complain on the phone and ask them to deal with the complaint as your formal complaint from that date.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome