How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14276
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

We have been having problems with a notary public who has

Customer Question

Hi we have been having problems with a notary public who has delayed the settling of my mothers will for over 4 years and has presented a huge bill which she has refused to break down and has charged us on that bill for something she has admitted to not undertaking (false accounting) we have already complained to the notary society who undertook a poor quality investigation and suggested we appoint a mutually agreed solicitor to get the will finalised which we have but we are now at an impass over the bill. What do we do next ombudsman? Or litigation
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have probaye through the solicitor but the notary is proposing we proceed wothout he providing a breakdown of her bill, parts of which ee beleive to be fraudulent. The solicitor can do no more
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so just need help in direction to take next
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 4 months ago.


I would suggest that your next port of call be the legal ombudsman. The legal ombudsman deals with complaints against a variety of legal providers.

If you were eventually to go to litigation, a positive decision from the legal ombudsman would be beneficial.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks