chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We have been having problems with a notary public who has

Customer Question

Hi we have been having problems with a notary public who has delayed the settling of my mothers will for over 4 years and has presented a huge bill which she has refused to break down and has charged us on that bill for something she has admitted to not undertaking (false accounting) we have already complained to the notary society who undertook a poor quality investigation and suggested we appoint a mutually agreed solicitor to get the will finalised which we have but we are now at an impass over the bill. What do we do next ombudsman? Or litigation
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have probaye through the solicitor but the notary is proposing we proceed wothout he providing a breakdown of her bill, parts of which ee beleive to be fraudulent. The solicitor can do no more
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so just need help in direction to take next
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 11 days ago.

I would suggest that your next port of call be the legal ombudsman. The legal ombudsman deals with complaints against a variety of legal providers.

If you were eventually to go to litigation, a positive decision from the legal ombudsman would be beneficial.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks