Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I would like to talk about harrasment at work Assistant:

I would like to talk about sexual harrasment at work
Assistant: Have you discussed harassment at work with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have discussed with HR but want to check with someone else
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee no union member
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’ll ask a question if I have any

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please provide some more details of your circumstances. Please note I am mobile at present so may not be able to reply immediately, thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have been harassed by other employee but it’s been reported by someone else. I didn’t go this path because I was scared. Company is taking its thought but it’s all makes me feel like I’m guilty of this all. I don’t want to loose my license because of it
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m sorry I cannot effort it
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Am I still having a phone call ??

Just a quick clarification on phone calls – the pop-up offering you the chance to request one is automatic and I have no control over it. Therefore, if you request a call back there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else, would be available to fulfil it. At present, due to outside commitments, I cannot take calls but your request is open and visible to all other experts. If someone is available, they will accept it and call you, but if no one is free, then it will remain open until it is accepted or you decide to cancel it. In the meantime, you have already paid for a written response and that is the part I will continue helping you with.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok I understand,
I really concern about my case. I didn’t want to bring this up to the company as it’s something that’s hard to proof and secondly I living my employer in December due to there decisions. Someone who knew about my problem reported it behind my back. I didn’t want to talk about it all because I was scared but been told by my HR that it’s my responsibility. I admit I have a problem in work place but don’t want to take it feather. HR wanted to listen to both sides and obviously there is different story on both end. They are taking it to the lawyers and feather even if I don’t agree with it. I just want to leave it. I’m worried it will effect my license to practice. Am I in trouble??

Thank you. Often, it can be difficult for the victim to bring up these issues and they almost feel guilty about having to take it further. These are normal feelings but they should not prevent you from trying to find the strength to do that. You need to remember that you are the victim, you are the one who I protected under law and who has the rights.

Your main rights come under the Equality Act 2010 which states that you must not be discriminated because of your sex and that includes sex harassment as well. The employer has a legal duty to protect you and to deal with the harasser but they need to know about it and this is where your complaint comes in.

Think about raising a formal grievance to officially bring this to their attention. Do it in confidence if needed. You also have the right to be accompanied by a colleague or trade union rep at the meeting so you will get support.

However, if you do nothing and let this get brushed under the carpet, your time there will not be easy and you may also regret not having one anything when you leave so use the opportunities you still have whilst still employed there.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I understand it but it doesn’t change anything in this case. I don’t have any proofs only my words , the other side is denying what makes me look like a lying lady. Can I refuse to answer this all??
I feel horrible, maybe if I would stop silly talking and didn’t take it as a joke it would not happen.
HR said that I can have my license to practice taken away. It’s sounds crazy ... I don’t know what to do . They still investigate it and it makes me feel insecure...

are you able to record what you are experiencing, or get witnesses, even writing things down in a diary helps - that is all evidence you can use to help your position

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Well basically I have been moved to other place to work from on day to the next. They question me twice by now saying that why I was asking him to work in my branch again? I have answered that he was the only choice I had to help besides I draw a line under it and was working as normal. However I still it was out of order. I have a feeling like my answer been questioned, I feel like I have done something wrong. Even knowing I had not it still upset me what is going on. I just wanted to leave the company with no trouble. The fact that I have lots the job is upsetting enough as I’m a single parent providing all for the household. The last thing I needed was having this problems on the top of everything else. I feel like black sheep there even if I have not done anything. It wasn’t me reporting it neither. I’m worried about my future and my license to practice. I don’t know what to do with this all. Really upsetting to be honest.

Ok I do understand but all I can advise on is your legal position and options on taking it further – how you do it is for you to decide, based on what you feel most comfortable with. I still feel you have to formally take control of this and stat the grievance with the employer to prompt them to take it more seriously

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They looking at it and saying they will keep updating me. The problem is they want to go further to GPHC with it to investigate. Can I get into trouble for not reporting it ? Can they suspend me and my licence in this matter??

You won’t get into trouble for not reporting harassment against you. Before any suspension is considered they will investigate to determine whether you have done anything wrong – if you are the victim, it will be difficult for them to find enough evidence to justify suspension

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
All this time in uni would go to the bin. Was studying hard to be who I am and now all will be gone because of silly man..
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s my word again his and that worries me the most

Still, they won't just suspend based on one person's word against another's,

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m pretty happy person Im chatty, bobbly, I’m laughing and joking a lot . I’m worried that anything like that now can make this situation worse.

I cannot tell you how to act and behave, you just have t be yourself - but this is not what I can advise on, I can only discuss the legal side

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The fact that I have been question why I wanted him to work with us again made me think. He already twisted it all. Should I get the lawyer to look after this ? Or shall I wait and see what they say ??
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I know you can’t , all this things are just going through my head right now.

no point getting a lawyer yet, you have to see where this goes first as a lawyer cannot do much at this stage

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’ll wait and see what will happen. I’m leaving in December but my friend advise me to resign from now one. Do you think it’s a good idea ??

You can consider leaving with immediate effect by saying you have been constructively dismissed or you can get signed off for the rest of the notice period, like with stress. It depends on whether you believe you can actually carry on until Dec or not - that is a decision you have to make

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How this will effect all case ?? It’s too stressful for me. I can’t carry on like this. What company can do with this if I’m off or leave ?

It will not affect your case, you have the right to consider either of these options

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I didn’t bring this all up because I didn’t want to be under this stress. Do they have to carry on with this all even if I’m not happy about it???

Carry on with what?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They are taking investigation further to the GPHC . The guy obviously will deny or pushing the blame on me. I have not done anything wrong but even knowing this I’m worried that been a victim I’ll will end up been punished. Why can’t they drop it and leave it alone. I didn’t want to raise it because I knew that I can’t proof anything. I don’t want to go this path because I know that I won’t achieve anything anyway, what can I do ???

Well, just because you are not happy about it does not mean they cannot take it further if they believe they should. If you do nothing and let the complaints only be made against you, then it won’t look great – that is why you need to be raising your own grievance complaint about what you have experienced