12826847

If I have left my husband and he is hassling me. Texts and

Customer Question

If I have left my husband and he is hassling me. Texts and calls and sometimes nice asking for another chance etc and then sometimes horrible, also threatening me as I have spoke to someone else what can i do?
Assistant: Where is your husband? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: swindon
Assistant: What steps has your husband taken so far?
Customer: Hacked my social media accounts. Tries to control what I am doing still, as well making it clear he going to tell kids a lot of stuff to turn them against me
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Are you responding to them?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
as if I don’t he gets really funny with me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would prefer to chat on here please
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do I have to talk to you on the phone then?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

If you are responding then that is not harassment.

That is just an unpleasant conversation which is not against the law.

In terms of hacking, if this is genuinely hacking then it would not be possible to tell that it was him. You can always change your passwords.

He probably will say things to the children that are unpleasant. That isn't against the law I'm afraid.

If you real question is whether this amounts to coercive control then it does not on the basis of the information you are providing so far.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He got into my accounts by recovering my passwords to his email address then got into all my social media?? He checks where I am, what I am doing, I can’t do anything without him asking about it. I feel I can’t breathe or do anything. I don’t know what to do to make it stop
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

That isn't hacking. That is just a computer misuse offence maybe.

He can see what you are doing on social media anyway I presume as can anybody else. The solution to that is not to post on it.

Change your passwords and usernames which would put a stop to that.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

You could try to report it but there are more immediate steps that would be more effective.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
basically stop responding to him and then it’s classed as harassment ? I changed all of that as soon as I realised what he was doing. What other steps can I take to stop him ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Does he need to have contact with you over the children?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Well, you could not respond to any message not about the children.

Or you could just use a separate sim card to discuss the children.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Although that is probably more hassle than it is worth.

Just plain ignore him unless it is about the children. He will get bored quickly enough and also it is quite dismissive to just ignore somebody.