12826847

I have a question regarding the legalities of withholding

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question regarding the legalities of withholding someone else's personal details from a Parking security company
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am In Kent but the parking offence occurred in Warwickshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have appealed directly to Parking Eye through their online appeal service.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge for this service?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Hmm, I'm not sure I want to proceed, I need to think about this. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, I have a question regarding the legalities of withholding someone else's personal details from a Parking security company, my partner does not want her personal details being given out & I feel she has a right to privacy. Where do I stand with the law on this matter?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

If you mean identify the driver then the law would presume that she was the driver and they could enforce against her.

The protection of freedoms act 2012 covers this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
that's correct, my partner was driving my vehicle at the time & she would be liable if I gave the parking security company her details.
Do you mean then that under The protection of freedoms act 2012 I do not have to give my partner's personal details to the parking security the company?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Nobody can force you to do that.

But then you will be the presumed driver and therefore liable person.