How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Cornel Your Own Question
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 848
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
Type Your Law Question Here...
C.Cornel is online now

The year of birth on my certificate of naturalisation is

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: The year of birth on my certificate of naturalisation is wrong, how can I change it?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in UK london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I came to the UK in 1988, got indefinite leave to remain and subsequently had British Citizen. All these documents bear the wrong year, though I registered with my GP with the correct year. I didnt not speak English when I came to this country as I am a French speaker. It was a bit complicated. Now I have a Degree which has the correct year but I cannot use it because it doesnt match my other offocial documents.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I really need to sort the uear out because it doesn't much my medical details, which means that I cannot even apply for life insurance as it always linked with medical details.

Hello. My name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Department 201
The Capital
New Hall Place
L3 9PP

Given this fact, most likely you would not have to pay a fee for the correction.

Thank you.

  1. Download and complete an application for a correction of a registration or naturalisation certificate.

  3. Send the form and your original certificate to Department 1, UKVI.

  4. You’ll need to pay a £250 fee if the mistake on your certificate was your fault. UKVI will send you a letter telling you if you need to pay.

Apologies, there does seem to be a technical error with the site.

Follow the steps 1-4, then send the application to that particular address on top of the message.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do I need to send anything else with the application form?

No, just the application to that address.

You don't have to pay the fee, unless the error was caused by you.

Thank you.

Please don't forget to rate the answer using the rate button on top left corner.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your advice, I hope they will change it. As I said I waited a bit longer to change this, I hope it won't cause any problem. It was just too complicated. Thank you again.

No worries, yes, it will be changed regardless, this is a fairly common procedure.

Thank you.

Have a lovely evening!

C.Cornel and other Law Specialists are ready to help you