C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

The year of birth on my certificate of naturalisation is

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: The year of birth on my certificate of naturalisation is wrong, how can I change it?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in UK london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I came to the UK in 1988, got indefinite leave to remain and subsequently had British Citizen. All these documents bear the wrong year, though I registered with my GP with the correct year. I didnt not speak English when I came to this country as I am a French speaker. It was a bit complicated. Now I have a Degree which has the correct year but I cannot use it because it doesnt match my other offocial documents.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I really need to sort the uear out because it doesn't much my medical details, which means that I cannot even apply for life insurance as it always linked with medical details.

Hello. My name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Department 201
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Given this fact, most likely you would not have to pay a fee for the correction.

1. Download and complete an application for a correction of a registration or naturalisation certificate.

2. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/correct-a-registration-or-naturalisation-certificate
  3. Send the form and your original certificate to Department 1, UKVI.

4. You’ll need to pay a £250 fee if the mistake on your certificate was your fault. UKVI will send you a letter telling you if you need to pay.

Apologies, there does seem to be a technical error with the site.

Follow the steps 1-4, then send the application to that particular address on top of the message.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do I need to send anything else with the application form?

No, just the application to that address.

You don't have to pay the fee, unless the error was caused by you.

Please don't forget to rate the answer using the rate button on top left corner.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your advice, I hope they will change it. As I said I waited a bit longer to change this, I hope it won't cause any problem. It was just too complicated. Thank you again.

No worries, yes, it will be changed regardless, this is a fairly common procedure.

Have a lovely evening!