UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I hope you might be able to help me out. A company has used

Good evening...I hope you might be able to help me out. A company has used my documents that i've implemented on my own witnout my authorization and have put their logo onto them. How do i go in making a case against them for not following proper channels in asking mu permission
Assistant: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: It's audit documents that need to be used in a Nursing Home and
Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: It just happened today qhen i was not in the office my deputy mgr is the one who just made me aware via a phpne call. i haven't spoken to an attorney at the moment
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The documents i implemented were for the care home i 'm managing as a turnaround manager and following a good regulatory inspection the company now wants all tjhe implemented systems to be rolled put tje whole company
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, so what is the agreement you have with the nursing home? Did it include the concept that any documentation you used as a turnaround specialist in that home would remain your intellectual property and therefore, they could not copy or duplicate the documents for their purposes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have my own Ltd company and employed via agency under my oen Ltd company. I do not recall that the agreement included any of the above rights.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello..any feedback please

Hi thank you for your message,I fear this is outside my expertise and shall opt out.

This may amount to copyright infringement by this company and you may get a solicitor to send them a letter pointing out that they are infringing your copyright by using your work without authorisation from you and that you will be seeking damages against them in court if they do not stop using your work and if they do not pay you damages/compensation for what they have done.

A solicitor's letter will carry more weight in this case.

May I help further? If not, please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good evrning. I kindly need some advice please. I'd a contract with Regus office rental for a year but could not finish the contract as i'd to relocate to another tiwn and with the whole bisiness. i infirmed Regus in zniv 2018 verbally and via email my status. so thry can cancel my contract as i'd moved cities. Regus refused and for the past year I've been paying for an office rent to Regus that does not exist as i returned the keys last year and they've been yelling me that ny contract ends in Nov and still need to pay. i asked them what happens if a person relocates to another country where Regus does not exist, will the cliebt ve expected to pat rent for an office that they do not occupy.
your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i hope my question has been received

Please accept to continue.

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is a follow up to tbe above question
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
advice please. I'd a contract with Regus office rental for a year but could not finish the contract as i'd to relocate to another tiwn and with the whole bisiness. i infirmed Regus in zniv 2018 verbally and via email my status. so thry can cancel my contract as i'd moved cities. Regus refused and for the past year I've been paying for an office rent to Regus that does not exist as i returned the keys last year and they've been yelling me that ny contract ends in Nov and still need to pay. i asked them what happens if a person relocates to another country where Regus does not exist, will the cliebt ve expected to pat rent for an office that they do not occupy. 

i hope my question has been received

UKSolicitorJA 

Please accept to continue.

Premium Service Offer: More Q&A Time

Learn More

If you wish to discuss your case further, please accept this proposal.

Amount: £21

Offer Accepted

By clicking “Accept this Offer,” the amount above will be processed and the Expert will be credited for the original question and service.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic, request me again.

You accepted an Expert Service Offer: More Q&A Time

Send

i hope my question has been received

UKSolicitorJA 

Please accept to continue.

Premium Service Offer: More Q&A Time

Learn More

Amount: £21

Offer Accepted

Send

Please upload a copy of your contract with Regus.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
uploaded below

I have looked at the contract and as it ends at the end of next month, it would be advisable for you to pay off the rent and call it quits as you could otherwise incur costly legal fees disputing the rent with them.

If they failed to provide an office, it would be a different matter, but in this case, it is you who has moved, so you would be liable until the end of the contract whether or not you are in occupation of the office.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Much appreciate your help.