12826847

I went to the small claims court to claim monies owed for

Customer Question

I went to the small claims court to claim monies owed for work I had done at a police officers house. I had evidence he lied on the claims and the surveyor got some of his inspection wrong. Also the police officer advised the surveyor not to answer my questions. Subsiquently the Judge took his word against my evidence and ripped me to shreds. I now owe him money based upon the judge cutting my costs just because ? Have I got a complaint for the police officer to answer for ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Norfolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried for a retrial but got turned away.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I now have a £6800 ccj put on me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Not if it is just that the Judge believed him.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

You obviously would if you could prove that he lied but the difficulty is that the Judge believed him so that cannot be proven.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
even though he lied and I have the proof, because the judge believed him I have no case. How is that fair ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

I suppose the judge didn't believe your proof.

It might well not be fair. Life isn't often.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The judge did not want to look at most of my evidence that I produced saying she was not even going to look at it as it wasted time ? I am an honest guy who has been ripped apart by a judge who believed lies. Is this justice ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

I suppose he was saying it wasn't relevant?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I believe I was set up. The lads who worked with me and gave evidence say the same and my brother who is a surveyor and knows he collaborated with the surveyor as he lied about observations and angle of the roof. We all now dont trust the legal system to be fair. If what you say is true I dont think you do either. Very sad set of affairs. I have to pay for no wrong doing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Well, sometimes judges will make incorrect decisions of course.

But this sounds as though your claim was misconceived for some reason. Obviously i won't know what the judge said.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK. I know you dont have all the facts. I am one side of the argument. A police officer can lie in court. I show he is lying. Judge sees no proof from him to discredit me but takes his word. I will take the hit on the chin, move on with my life and never trust the law of the land again. Bitter ? yes. Thank you for being straight with me on how it is.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

It is probably a bit more complicated than that in this case.

What did the judge say about it?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The Judge attacked me from the start like i was a rouge trader. I showed good evedence in a folder compiled with the help of my brother who was a surveyor for 45 years and later a construction Industry tribrunal lawyer. All stages of the build itemised and costed. The judge said this dont cost that much and halved the sums just guessing and being advised by the defendant. All in the transcript. Kicked my brother out for helping me with the paperwork as my Makenzie freind early on in the process saying he cant help me ! Then ripped me apart with the help of the defendant. Under pressure was I from all. I went from being owed £6900.00 to oweing him £6800.00. See why I am bitter ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

There must have been a counter claim then?

I suppose they are alleging over charging?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No counter claim entered. They used the dodgy surveyors report that stated the roof was 5 degrees and needed to be 10 degrees. But it is 10 degrees as my picture in court showed. He said the floor had dropped but it is shrinkage of the skirting in the full sunlight through the large glass south facing doors. As he shows around door architraves and reports these should be filled with decorators caulk. This was an extension and all new woodwork shrinks especially with the very hot heat through south facing patio doors. It was a very hot summer period when we built it. As for overcharging we were the cheapest and I gave him discounts from my trade suppliers.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

That would suggest costs then.

Unless i know the judge's thought process I can't really assess whether it is right.