12826847

I am currently on trial for possession of extreme images. A

Customer Question

I am currently on trial for possession of extreme images. A number of my properties have been seized which include my dog.
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: 1 charge and 31st Oct
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: Brighton UK
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you automated?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They believe 1 image to be my dog.
The Police are looking for a SHPO, a banning order from keeping animals and to remove my dog from me.
I am aware a SHPO can only be given to me if the sentence is 2 years or more but a banning order and for them to remove my dog can only happen under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. Is this correct?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

I am sorry but the courts have wide powers to make deprivation orders.

They won't act under the Animal Welfare Act. They will probably rely upon the PCSSA.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Whether it succeeds or not is another matter.

Also, they could add an animal welfare count to the indictment so I wouldn't say anything to encourage that.