Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My daughter is refusing to tell me her GCSE exam results. I

My daughter is refusing to tell me her GCSE exam results. I have just contacted the school, which is actually named as an academy, to ask for access to her records and they have informed me that, as my daughter is 16, she has to consent to the information being released. Is this the case, or am i covered under the Education (Pupil Information) (England) Regulations 2000 ?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m ok to continue waiting please

Hi thank you for your message, at that general age under something called Gillick Competence it is generally accepted that children are competent to make decisions for themselves. Unfortunately the Education (Pupil Information) (England) Regulations 2000 would not aid you in this regard because it does not apply to academies. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney