Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Please, can I have some advice? My ex Landlord is trying to

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Please, can I have some advice? My ex Landlord is trying to sue me for an additional 1 month's rent. which was not stipulated on my contract. He claims that the additional one months rent is covered in clause which is nonexistent in my contract but appears on his copy which he claims I signed. He has issued a claim against me but he dose not have my current address
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Im in London Uk
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: He claim according to the contract Im supposed to return the room as it was given to me. This requires me to bring in heavy duty equipment to clean carpet which would endanger tenant below
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The bed was also uncomfortable as the wooden springs kept on falling out giving me back discomfort. I Told this to him and he advised that if I want I can dismantle the bed and sleep with just matras on the floor which I did. This was subsiquently unconfortable and so I gave a short notice and moved out

welcome to JA.

Can i clarify that you want to know whether the landlord can sue you for 1 month's rent based on a contractual agreement which you believe you didn't sign.

Further you wish to know whether he can pursue this claim on basis he does not have your current address.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
These are the circumstances plus a bit more

Please can you confirm whether my assumption of your questions are correct because i dont want to answer something else which will probably waste your time.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would love us to talk but can t afford £44. please feel free to call me***********

If accepted i will contact you at 12:30, if that is ok with you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please, can I make this payment to you in 2 weeks? Not trying to be evasive but this is when I get paid

Please note payment is handled by the customer service dept. therefore please contact them regarding your request. However I will contact you regarding your query at 12.30pm

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Look forward to hearing form you