How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77164
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Enquiring if I need to take any action. I was in a

This answer was rated:

Enquiring if I need to take any action. I was in a short-term relationship, for around 2 months. I have since ended it, however I am now receiving a texts on a regular basis from this person. Some civil and some insulting. I have asked them to stop, to delete my number and information, but they still insist. This person has not taken me moving on well and has on occasions threatened to escalate. When I’ve asked what that means, she has proceeded with insults, that people need to no I’m a terrible person and words to that effect. I have blocked her before and she reached me via email.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Essex
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. I have conversations on text and WhatsApp
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s the jist of it

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for responding. Could you please advise.

Sorry, how can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have you not received my initial question? Seeking advice

You haven't asked a question above?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am enquiring if I need to take any action now, that will help record the issue in case it develops further into defamation of character.

What happens when you ignore her?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have stopped before were agreed to end all communication. This does not last. Inevitably I get texts saying how hurt she is, how I have messed with her feelings, that I need to know how my behaviour is not right and it builds usually into insults and nasty texts from her. Recently when I blocked her mobile she reverted to email. Saying she needs to be able to contact me. I unblocked her and she carried the same line of texting. I have on multiple occasions asked her to stop, but she cannot. The texts range from her saying she misses me, that she wants to be friends, to she would like no strings attached sex, and I have declined all of this. I think as I am rejecting these advances she reverts to insults and harassing. It’s made me very uncomfortable.

Thanks for the information.

Just send her one message that says no more than “If you again contact with me or others with requests to contact me I will report your harassment to the police”.

Then if she makes further contact make a report to the police.

You could also get a solicitor to write to her but usually this is enough.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you