How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15245
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have managed to get myself conned by a horse racing guy

This answer was rated:

I have managed to get myself conned by a horse racing guy and I want to report him, what can I do?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: The conman calls himself david frost, sounds 50-60, deep voice, cultured accent. he talked me into transferring £5000 last monday to an account in the name of J West, 201280, 33914917 (barclays).
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know what's relevant. I was contacted via a letter whose letterhead read ' A Spence Professional Betting' When I called the number (last saturday) David Frost answered and just said he was an associate of Alan Spence. I have the letter. Spence is a well-known racehorse owner and breeder, maybe Frost is using Spence's letterheads in order to appear legitimate.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Have you reported anything to the police?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yes , to, via their online reporting service. I have not spoken to them.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have also spoken
to my bank and told them fraud has occured.
What else can i do?

Sadly not much. Do you know his name and address?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He called himself David Frost, i have no address, only his mobile no.

Then sadly there is nothing else you can do. If you had his name and address you could potentially sue him.

But going to Action fraud and the Police, that is it.

Nothing else I am afraid.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, leave it there, i wanted to know if there was anything else i could do. You answered my Q.

I am sorry its not better news. Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you