How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3134
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I would like to ask with eu settlement sheme family permit

This answer was rated:

I would like to ask with eu settlement sheme family permit join can you work with it in uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm married with my wife which she is from Greece but works in UK .I'm from Nigeria .I have already applied for my nino
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes and he said I could work.but now in my newjob the said I can't work with this visa
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that all

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No write me please

Hi, yes you can work, it is a permit under the EEA regulations not a visa and make sure you apply for your settled status if your wife already has applied before your 6 months lapse. Your employer should call the home office and they will confirm to them. Most employers want to see a biometric card as evidence but you will not get that until you have made your application for the settled status or if your wife hasnt got hers yet for your residence card. I hope this answers your question and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible a lawyer could sent an email to let them know that I can work the said the can accept that from a layer.of course I'll pay

Hi you can retain a solicitor yes, is your employer a small company or established company?

SolicitorRM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is work agency
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

They should know that as a direct family member you are entitled to work. Under the residence card regime when you applied for the card you would get the Certificate of Application which would really assist as you would be able to show this to the employer and they would do the verification checks with no complication. You do not get that letter anymore with the settled status scheme. I would strongly recommend that you get a local immigration solicitor to write to the employer and if you have not applied for the residence card (it only costs you £65) or the settled scheme (which is free) just do it because then you will not have to explain yourself each time you want to get work.