How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11584
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I hold a tier 4 visa and I am currently enrolled into a

This answer was rated:

Hi I hold a tier 4 visa and I am currently enrolled into a master program but I been offered a full time job and I am considering leaving school and apply for a job visa, can I do that?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: It’s just an option for now, I didn’t fill any paper yet, I am currently in the Uk and I am from Peru
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s it I guess

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. The good news is that you can leave your studies and get a new work visa to take up the full time job. This is due to the recent announcement that all graduates of UK universities shall have two years work visa after they graduate from their studies. Here is a link to the announcement that you and all other graduates automatically will qualify for a two year work visa upon graduating from your initial degree.

2 . So, you will automatically qualify for a work visa to take up the full time job. However, it may take a while for the rules to be passed into law. So, if you need to apply immediately, you can apply for a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa. This is the current work visa for which graduates qualify upon graduating. However, the application process has been strict with no automatic right to obtain one. As you will see in this article from the Guardian newspaper from 10th September, 2019, you will now automatically qualify for a two year graduate work visa, from the date the rules changes are implemented. So, you might want to wait until these announced changes become law.

3. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you