Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I signed a cheque to pay a deposit for storage heaters to a

I signed a cheque to pay a deposit for storage heaters to a salesman by have changed my mind can i stop the cheque
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I agreed to buy storage heaters þo a salesman who visited my home and gave him a cheque as a deposit today I have now changed my mind can i cancel the order.?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I would like to know if I could stop the cheque legally
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

How were they ordered? At a distance (ie by telephone or online), or in store?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The salesman visited my home

Then yes, you can cancel.

You have 14 days to change your mind under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.