How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3603
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

What it my right like father only passed in the certificate?

This answer was rated:

What it my right like father only passed in the certificate?
Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: She have only certificate my ex
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to now what I need to go in court and pass my son in my name

Hi, please can you clarify the query?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm recognised as his father on birth certificate , I'm paying chid support , I look after my son and she said she doesn't want him to see me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you text me only ?

Hi thank you for your message, have you got a formal order regarding arrangements for the child?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Me and her dealed when I see him
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We never been in court to know when I'm aloud to see my son

Hi thank you for your message, as this is informal. I would recommend you get a formal arrangement this would give you greater certain and rights.

I would advise you to seek a child arrangement court order such an order can set out who looks after the child and when. Such an order once made can be enforced if it is breached. In order to do this, you will need to arrange for and attend a mediation appointment with your ex first to see if an order can be agreed. Even if you and your ex end up having to go to court to sort out the differences, you will normally need to prove that you’ve been to a mediation information and assessment meeting (MIAM). This is an introductory meeting to explain what mediation is and how it might help you. If your ex doesn't want to see a mediator, you should go to the MIAM on your own. You’ll then be able to prove you’ve tried mediation if you later want to go court. You can’t force your ex to go to mediation. In order to find a mediator you can use this link on the Family Mediation Council website here:

You’ll normally have to pay about £30 for an MIAM, although sometimes this first meeting is free. Follow-up sessions usually cost you and your ex about £80 each - most people need to go to 3 or 4.

The cost of mediation varies depending on where you live. Phone around to find the best price, but bear in mind the cheapest might not be the best.

If the MIAM does not work and you not able to agree to mediation you will need to go to court. This will require you to fill out form C100 which can be found here:

You can find guidance on filling out the application here:

Send the original form and 3 copies of it to the nearest court that deals with children, you can find your nearest court here:

The application will cost £215. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you at the hearing you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case family law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
And my son hasn't got my surname and I want to know if I can change his surname

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately not. The birth certificate could be amended and therefore his surname but that would require the mothers permission. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.


Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
And if I'll have the D.N.A test? And I'll go to court?

Hi thank you for your message, you mentioned you are on the birth certificate so therefore you are legally recognised as the father.