Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a problem with a student that has withheld the last

I have a problem with a student that has withheld the last payment of rent, I intend to instruct debt collectors to recovery the out standing debt. We have had facebook messages back and to ( our standard method of contact) I have just received and email which is full of false accusations that i find very disturbing, is this something i could pursue under label or slander Law? Copy of email attached
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: England thanks
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We understand that you have been sending threatening emails to our daughter . Emails threatening to send the bailiffs round! That is absolutely unforgivable.We would like to remind you that we have advised you of the issues with the construction work being carried out over the last 12 months. We would also like to remind you that we have various conversations through fb about you letting yourself into the property with strangers doing show arounds with out NOTICE being given. There were 6 girls in the property and it was totally inappropriate to let yourself in as and when you felt like it day and night! Without knocking!!! You also stored roof lights in the hall for a matter of weeks. (Fire Hazard).You also controlled the heating! The girls would manually turn the temperature up and you would operate it from your hive to turn it down -even when there was snow on the ground! If you would like to threaten me, then I suggest you do it legally and take me to court. We will meet you there with the parents of the other girls and the photo graphic evidence. I haven't taken any steps yet as only got the email tonight. Ta
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can paste the conversations to date with regard to it

Hi thank you for your message, this email was sent to you directly and not sent to a third party?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It came from my students parents directly to my email account ta

Hi thank you fro your message, then you cannot bring a slander action this requires the allegation to have been published namely spread to a third party. That is not the case here as it has come to you directly. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.