Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Considering that the police conduct a search of my home with

Considering that the police conduct a search of my home with a warrant issued because of an allegation made against me, and inform me that I need to go to the police station to make an statement, and if I've already suffered depression and have a history of autism, what should I do? Can I negotiate a delay for the questioning?
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges, just a search against an allegation.
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: My home
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The search caused serious stress and anxiety and doubts about how reasonable the search and the warrant is. For as far as I know, this is based on allegation only.
Hi, thank you for your message. Have they given you a date to attend the police station?
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Not an exact but next week

Hello.

You can negotiate an appointment to attend unless it is time sensitive which is not likely or they would have just arrested you.

You need to arrange a voluntary interview though because if you don't they will just come and arrest you.

They prefer voluntary interviews because they are not labour intensive for them though.

I wouldn't mention depression or autism though. It won't stop the proceedings. It will just lead to the need for an appropriate adult which will add nothing and slow everything down.

As far as the search goes, they have received an allegation. That is evidence. They are not allowed to just ignore them. They have to investigate.

Do not refuse the solicitor you will be offered.