How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15305
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

There is currently a Police Investigation into a theft and

This answer was rated:

There is currently a Police Investigation into a theft and fraud.
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: can the responsible party issue civil proceedings whilst the Police are investigating?
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: In Zakynthos , Greece.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a Crime number through UK Police and it covers Greek crime.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, l am going through an extremely difficult and costly divorce.still at Decree Nisi after 2.5 years.
The only asset left is a property in Greece. Two villas on plot. One rented.
My husband let the property through a Property Management Co which l did not agree to.
The agent was known to me.
During 2017 it achived rental profit of around £4000 which we shared. Not much but first year.
However the agent provided no accounts, paperwork or receipts. Not transparent.
I questioned this said did not want to use again.
However 2018 my husband and this man let the vills and it allegedly acieved nearly £17000 in turnover but no profit. I have evidence suggesting that they achieved more. I stopped the rentals.
The agent on my husbands instructions went into the u rented villa, broke into a locked bedroom, stole personal items plus an expensive piece of furniture. The removed the pool heater, and all outside furniture value£20000 I have written evidence that he has taken this but is saying he had my estranged husbands consent.
On returning to uk sent a message on social media her private wall via his step daughter which he says is defamatory.

The answer is yes. Civil proceedings can be issued pending a criminal investigation. You are better waiting until the criminal investigation is complete as if the person is convicted, a Civil claim is easier.

But yes, you can bring civil notwithstanding criminal investigation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.



Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi thank
It is the other person issuing against me? Even though l have reported the theft etc

You can’t stop them. Whether or not they will be successful is another matter.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you