F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have a contract with a company that I’ve we’ve closed

Hi. I have a contract with a company that I’ve we’ve closed commodity trades and earned commissions. He’s told me how much I’m getting in email and from an accountant letter. He promised to pay on many occasions and still not send funds. Albeit he continues to hire staff and new offices , plus sponsor sports events
Assistant: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I’m self employed and about to seek advice
Assistant: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: No , he’s a CEO /Director of a U.K. Limited company and my company has an agreement / contract / JV with him. Both on companies house
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also , the person has shut down the company and started up another. But, has emailed to say that all business is with the new company. He has funds now cleared in a U.K. Bank.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

how did you get involved?

what does he promise regarding returns?

what is the name of the company you signed up with?

how much have you put in and how? (bank transfer/debit card)

where is he based? have you researched him?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Morning.
We met at a conference.
We had a contract made up with me getting 25% of comms earned from my company introducing clients. His company Imperialis Group Ltd ( now Volta Investment Group) and mine , Norsand Consultancy Limited. Both U.K. listed firms and on companies house. Him being the trading / broking company and mine , a consultant/ Introducing company.
To date he’s promised to pay over months of commissions from closed commodity deals. Have emailed proof of $20 million owed and proof previously from his accountant ready to pay $ 15 million. The funds have been frozen for some time , but are released now.
Contract date started October 2017 for 5 years.
I bankrolled all business meetings, lunches , dinners and general business commitments for June 2017 to March 2018.

He’s promised to pay in tranches on email and texts ( WhatsApp) every week for over a year.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will have a call with you next week re all please.

Insert telephone call.

If all you are getting is empty promises, then you cannot beat him with a stick until such time as he pays up and I’m afraid that your only remedy is to take him to court.

Give him a deadline to pay up and issue court proceedings immediately thereafter if he hasn’t paid.

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk is quick and easy. You can prepare the proceedings now, and save them online ready to issue them whenever a deadline expires.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please take a moment to look at the top right-hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen.

You may need to login again to use the rating service. Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

It's important that you use the rating service because that gives me credit.

It doesn't just give me a pat on the head! It's what gets me paid!!

There is also an experts incentive scheme whereby the more 5 star ratings I get I do actually get a pat on the head!

All you need to do is press Submit.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.

FES

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I’m glad to help. I am glad to help. Please don’t forget to use the rating service because it means that can continue to provide affordable and timely legal advice to people with similar problems.

Although it says "rate to finish" it doesn't close the thread and we can still exchange emails.

You may need to login again to use the rating service.