How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15235
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I want to stop an autopsy from being carried out as there is

This answer was rated:

I want to stop an autopsy from being carried out as there is no next of kin
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've been to the coroners courts twice
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is self appointed next of kin who has authorised autopsy, the coroner said I'll need a court order to stop the autopsy to overrule the decision to carry out the autopsy.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You want to know how to get a court order?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yes that's what the coroner advised
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

You need to complete form n1

It’s the same form as a moneyclaim form and n16a

The court will set down for an urgent hearing and decide whether to grant the order. But you must let the court know it’s urgent, otherwise it could take weeks to get a date.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.





Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In theory could all this be done within an hour
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As the autopsy is at around 11am

Yes, you would need to get an emergency injunction. Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yes that does thank you for your advice