Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was released from HMP Elmley on 13/09/2019 on HDC. I begun

Hi My name is***** and I was released from HMP Elmley on 13/09/2019 on HDC. I begun a 10 month custodial sentence on 13/06/2019.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: TN129SD When I was admitted I was on max dose Venlafaxine for anxiety and depression and did not receive my medication for 6 days
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had and still have major discontinuation systems including severe nightmares, itchy skin, extreme tiredness, depression reound, nausea I have seen my GP and am seeing him again today I mistook the symptoms for a Thyroid disorder and had a blood test but have researched this since and I am now sure that this is Eflexor withdrawel symptoms but the strange thing is I have been taking the medicine for nearly 4 months and the symptoms are worse
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would like to know if Elmley can be taken to account for not giving me my meds for 6 days

Yes. But I don’t think you could claim more than £25,00 in compensation

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am on max dose 300mg/day and abupt ceasage clearly affected me badly

Can you see my response above ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please clarify the max amount is the comma in the wrong place?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what if the damage is permanent it has already been 3 months with sleep deprivation? Its only supposed to last 3 weeks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If the symptoms persist should I not hold off on a settlement until I know if the damage is permanent or will last a long time please?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Am I getting a call from you it says you are unable to call I paid £44
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please advise I am about to contact customer services

I am just in Court. I will call you shortly thereafter

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok thanks

Pleasure