Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am kitchen, bathroom fitter and decorator. I need legal

Hi I am kitchen , bathroom fitter and decorator. I need legal contract/ agreement form which I can give to my customers to sign, to be sure they will pay me deposit and after I finish the job for them.
Is it possible you to help me with this?

Hello, my name is Ben, I am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Do you have something in place at the moment which you can upload on here?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No I don’t have

OK no problem and thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok Thanks

Many thanks for your patience. As we are just a Q&A service, we do not provide templates of any contracts or agreements so we cannot supply that for you. If you have one in place, then it is potentially possible for us to have a look at it and comment on anything specific you want to know about it, but you have to arrange for that to be in place to start with. Let me know how you wish to proceed please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thanks for your answer
If I write some contract by myself , using this ready templates which easily can find in google, is that contract is safety for us??
Is that contract can be used if we have problem with customer who not paying?
And If yes, how we can use it ?

I cannot advise if it is ‘safe’ to use without knowing the contents of it, especially as there are so many templates online. But if you are mainly concerned about the basic rights you get to pursue a client who does not pay, then it does not have to be complex at all. In fact, you do not even need a contract for this as some kind of contract would exist anyway. But it is always good to have something in writing and if they do not pay then you can allege that they have acted in breach of contract and pursue them to recover the money owed in the Small Claims Court.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks For information

All the best