Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Am a nursery provider, I’ve taken a licence from a church

Am a nursery provider, I’ve taken a licence from a church (united reformed) since 2011 different issues had happened in the past but I kept very calm, for example, the Nursery flooded on two different times. I wasn’t told that the place had a flooding history before I took over.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I then took a loan different times to put the place in good order which am still paying. I have not offered them as they confirmed. First flooding they terminated my license and advertised the place and ask different people to veiw. they later found out no body was interested so they allowed me to continue running. I was issued a new license. My current rent is 850 a month which I always pay . Now there said the need money so I should pay £2000, I offered 1200 they refused so I offered 1500 now they took a picture of my setting and put on the open market. Those who saw it started calling me to inform me. I quickly offered them the required money. Now they’ve refused that it is put on the market 2500. So I gave them 2600 still they want me to move out. I asked what have I done they replied it’s purely business. For another nursery want the place. I have built a good history for my nursery over there. They quoted that the charity council permit them to charge any amount to run the church and the centre . Among many people how rent their spaces for different activities why me. In my license rent will be rises at 3% depending on the inflation. The priest have a law back ground and knows what he is doing. I have looked for properties all this time but has found any . I don’t know where to go with the children the council too can’t help. I don’t know how to pay the bank back their loans too. Please what should I do now . Am in London please
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Am still pledging with them I don’t have have the money to do anything but rather am getting sick often.they what me to leav the property by the 31/12
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A lot but now there is nothing apart from putting the puzzle together why the the vicar should be doing what he is doing
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please Thanks

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

When did you sign your latest licence, how long for?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
1st September 2016
Last for 5 years unless terminated
And it was terminated in June ending 2019

Does your licence say anything about keeping the condition of the property to a certain standard?

How much are they seeking to claim from you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please help me to understand should I call you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please do I have to pay for to call please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I send you the license please

If you want me to call you, yes its extra

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please can I call for you to get the whole picture?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please they just increase the rent from £850 to 2500
I gave 1200 they refused I gave 1500 they refused and said another person want to take over for 2500 the agent market price. so they won’t deal with me I should deal with the agent. So I gave the agent 2600 and emailed the vicar and two of the trustees. But still the vicar said he want to give it to someone else after we have worked very hard over there for all this years

Yes I will call in about an hour. Will show as withheld.

I am just in Court

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He personally told me and my husband to give 2000 so we gave the first and the second he refused so we finally gave him the requested £2000 which he said he wouldn’t accept anymore because someone wants to also use it as a nursery and has offered a higher price so we pleaded and gave them 2600 which he is still refusing
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thanks I’ll wait till you are done

Pleasure