How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6616
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Iasked if I sold my own (sole trader in my name only) small

This answer was rated:

Hi iasked if I sold my own (sole trader in my name only) small business and invested the money in a buy to let property and put it in my daughter`s name, would it be safe from any future divorce settlements if I wer to divorce my husband?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: nothing yet but considering
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: west sussex
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we own this house but was bought with all the capitol from my house and now joint deeds and we pay a small mortgage together. He has money of his own in investments



I would advise you to enter into a post nuptial agreement with your husband rather than putting the property in your daughter's name.


Although such Agreements are not legally binding in court, they have persuasive value.


You may read up on the same here:


May I help further?



UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you