How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35998
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

We have been sued via moneyclaim in the Small Claims Court.

This answer was rated:

We have been sued via moneyclaim in the Small Claims Court. We have just been advised the case has been transferred to the CC Barnet. We want to know if we can request the case is transferred to a court in South London, closer to us.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: We are in London.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have refuted the claim. We have agreed to mediation and it looks like this is to be held in the CC at Barnet, London N3 1BQ. We would like the mediation held closer to us. Can we request a South London CC?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thats all. Is there a fee for this and how much, if there is.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You can when you complete the allocation questionnaire request that the matter be transferred to your local court. The court will normally accommodate this as you are the defendants in the case. I hope that this helps and please rate 5 stars for my time.

ivorylounge and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you