ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

We have been sued via moneyclaim in the Small Claims Court.

We have been sued via moneyclaim in the Small Claims Court. We have just been advised the case has been transferred to the CC Barnet. We want to know if we can request the case is transferred to a court in South London, closer to us.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: We are in London.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have refuted the claim. We have agreed to mediation and it looks like this is to be held in the CC at Barnet, London N3 1BQ. We would like the mediation held closer to us. Can we request a South London CC?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thats all. Is there a fee for this and how much, if there is.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. You can when you complete the allocation questionnaire request that the matter be transferred to your local court. The court will normally accommodate this as you are the defendants in the case. I hope that this helps and please rate 5 stars for my time.