Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Does a "sale" of property take place when contracts are

does a "sale" of property take place when contracts are exchanged or on completion
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In cornwall
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Contract sent out but former agent claiming entitled to commission if sale takes place within 6 months of termination of sole agency. If completion is sale we can exchange if not maybe not
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, on exchange of contracts you are legally bound to buy or sell the property. Completion is when you take possession but the legally binding sale has already taken place on exchange. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.