31090051

Regarding copyright on my website, If I create and post an

Regarding copyright on my website, If I create and post an original article from my research and somebody else takes that content, changes it around a bit and uses it either in an exhibition or on a poster, Facebook Page etc under their name and/or without crediting me as the source does that infringe my copyright? If yes and I challenge them, who has the burden of proof - do I have to prove that the research was mine or do they have to prove it wasn't?

Thanks for your question. What you describe is a breach of copyright. The burden of proof is on you to prove you hold copyright. That’s not hard to do nowadays when electronic documents can be time stamped as to when they were created. Or you can use the old fashioned way of posting a sealed envelope to yourself containing the work. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that Just Answer credits me for helping you today.